Wednesday, March 18, 2009

So, today is the fourteenth day from my first Chemo treatment. I have avoided the nausea by keeping the meds down. I have been extremely tired and a little achey!! I am having migraines periodically and chest pains (a side effect from the booster), and that is my biggest complaint. Today is the first day that I have noticed hair loss, and it is coming out in handfuls. I still have a lot left, so I guess I have a lot of hairon my head to lose!!. Just maybe it won't all fall out!!! I will keep you posted.



For those of you that were unable to come out to FireBelly's on March 10th, you really missed a great time and great music!!!! A huge thank you goes out to Dan, the owner of FireBelly's Lounge in downtown Wilmington for donating the space for our "fundraiser"!!! A special thank you to Wes Sayer who has stood by me since I was diagnosed and has done an amazing job at organizing the benefits....even shaved his head in my honor!!!!! Thank you to all the musicians Wes Sayer, Daniel Parish, Cary B., Justin Foxx, Dave Meyer, and Alex and Eric of Fried Lot for donatining their time and talents for the cause!!! We held a fifty/fifty raffle and John Altman was the winner...who won $94.50, which he donated back to the One Love Foundation.....helping me overcome the financial burdens of fighting Breast Cancer. Thank you to all who were able to come out and support this cause....it was great to see all of you and it was a lot of fun just hanging out!!!! The benefit was very successful and we were able to raise $1,000.00 for the One Love Foundation. Thanks for coming out and donating!!!!!!

If you're interested in attending the next benefit..... we have one scheduled for April 26th beginning at 2 pm. There will be a number of bands, silent auction, and raffles. Lots of great items to bid on including an autographed guitar signed by Edwin McCain!!!! Stay posted for all the info on upcoming dates of all the benefits!

Thanks for all the love, support, and prayers!!!!! I am truly thankful for all of you who have shown that you care!!!! It's sooo amazing how it has made me feel! It has definitely helped my spirits and how I've reacted to the chemotherapy. Lots of Love....LV

3 comments:

  1. You looked so pretty today. It was great to see you. Love you much, smooches, Ms. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so great to hear your upbeat reports. Even though you're experiencing migraines and all you're one tough trooper. I hear the "new do" looks good, I'm sure it does, you are still beautiful inside and out!! LU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great week my dear! Thinking OF you and praying FOR you!!! Smooches, Ms. Kim
    Ecclesiastes 3:1,4, which says
    “To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven: a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn,
    and a time to dance."

    ReplyDelete